You need to clean your car. Period. It is an unending routinary duty that must never be neglected. Most car owners already had enough of the boring task. However, there are some unconventional ways of cleaning your dear car without compromising the quality. These are uncommon and weird, but they really work. The best part is, they are natural and would not require expert skills.
Alright, let’s get the ball rolling! Here is our list of 9 crazy yet effective ways to clean your beloved car:
1. A Weird Way to Clean Your Carpet
Are you tired of seeing and dealing with dirty and mostly muddy mats? Well, worry no more because you can quickly achieve clean carpets with this weird but effective cleaning solution.
- First, just mix equal parts of baking soda and vinegar.
- Pour the solution on the carpet.
- Make sure to cover every surface with a brush.
- Let dry.
- When it has completely dried, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the baking soda and vinegar mixture.
Viola! You now have a clean and brand-new looking carpet again! Easy peasy and all-natural!
2. An Inexpensive Way to Clean Your Car Seat
Car seats are one of the most stained and dirtied parts of the car. They are so prone to different kinds of food drips and almost every kind of dirt. To clean the car seats cheaply, we recommend doing this simple but tried and tested cleaning solution.
- Mix one cup of club soda, one cup of vinegar, and a half cup of dishwashing liquid.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Mix well.
- Spray it on the car seat while brushing the dirt off with any brush.
- Rub the dirt off with a clean cloth.
3. Say No to Foggy Windows
Foggy windows may not seem to be a big problem. However, they can be really annoying, especially at night. The great news is, you do not have to endure the struggle of getting those windows cleared. You can prevent foggy windows from happening in the first place. All you need is a sock and a handful of rice. Yes, as simple as putting the grain of rice in a single sock will do the trick!
- Tie the sock with a rubber band.
- Place it strategically under the car seat.
- When you turn on the air conditioning unit, prepare to be amazed! You will not see any foggy windows – it works like magic!
4. Freshening-Up a Smelly Car
The neatness and freshness of a car reflect its owners. So, a foul-smelling car is definitely a no-no! Of course, you would not want to stay in a stinky car even if you are just by yourself in it. However, most car owners think that it will cost a lot to maintain an odor-free, and fresh-smelling car. The truth of the matter is you do not even need to buy tons of car fresheners because some would not actually conceal foul smells. We suggest that you try this cheap but effective solution to get rid of the foul odor.
- Simply put one third baking soda in a small jar.
- Cover it with any breathable cloth or tissue paper.
- Then seal it with a rubber band.
- You can strategically place it in any of your cup holders.
5. Crazy but Effective Way for a Streak-Free Car Window
Tired of having streaks on your car window? Most car owners really make a fuss out of it. Well, it is normal to be worried about having such seemingly ‘cloudy’ windows. But you do not have to worry about them anymore. A combination of vinegar and Newspaper will do the trick!
- Just put some vinegar in a small spray bottle.
- Then spray some on your windows and wipe the window with an old or used newspaper.
6. Polish the Car Seat Naturally
Car seats, especially leather ones tend to look dull over time. Currently, there are several available leather cleaners on the market. However, they are chemical-based. That being said, they contain chemicals that might not be good to have especially when you have kids and pets. But lo and behold, there is a natural solution for that!
- Simply get olive oil from your kitchen and a cotton cloth.
- Put a moderate amount of olive oil on the cotton cloth.
- Rub it on the leather seat.
- Add more olive oil as necessary.
This is not just limited to the leather car seats. It can also be used for anything that is leather in your car.
7. Weird and Easy Breezy Windshield Hacks
Nothing could be more annoying than going back to your car only to find out that your windshield wipers would not work. This happens especially in the winter season. However, we have this weird but clever solution. Whenever you need to park your car, before leaving, be sure to let your wipers ‘wear’ some socks. The socks would intervene with the sticking.
Another windshield hack that is definitely worth the try is this amazing cleaning solution that would easily melt off the ice on the windshield. This leaves a streak-free windshield cleaning.
- Just put half a cup of ammonia in an empty jug.
- Add a gallon of water to it.
- Lastly, add one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
- Mix well.
- Then pour the solution into the windshield washer tank.
- When you trigger the windshield washer, the solution will effectively melt the ice and dissolve dirt off the windshield.
8. Quick Hair Removal Trick
Hair appears awful on car seats and carpets. But we have a clever solution for removing hair from them.
- Just put water in a small spray bottle.
- Spray an ample amount of water on the area.
- Using a squeegee, broom the hair in one direction with force.
- Repeat as necessary.
9. Astonishing Way to Clean the Trunk
Lastly, we have this simple yet great cleaning solution for your trunk.
- Just mix three tablespoons of grated soap, two tablespoons of borax, 1 cup of boiling water, and three tablespoons of essential oil.
- Mix well.
- Pour the solution into the trunk carpet or flooring using a brush.
- Let dry.
We are sure that these recommendations will give you a different perspective in cleaning your car. Easy, cheap, all-natural solutions for a squeaky clean car.